Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh, cool versatile ... all are ways I'd describe this salad. The dressing is light and not overwhelming. This is a very easy recipe to customize for your own family's likes & dislikes, as well as considering which fruits are in season for you. Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are all great in this too. Sugar-free pudding works just as well if you prefer.
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, in its own juice (drain & reserve the juice!)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the chopped apples in 2 tablespoons lemon juice (Note: orange juice could also be used instead of lemon juice).
- Add in the drained pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges and grapes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dry pudding mix with 1/4 cup orange juice and the liquid you had drained from the can of pineapple. Using a wire whisk, mix it until it starts to thicken. If it seems too thick, thin it with a little more orange juice.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss gently to mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries last (and gently).
- Chill until ready to serve. This keeps 3-4 days if it lasts that long!
I can't believe this recipe has not gotten more attention! This is such a winner!!! We did use the sugar free pudding and added strawberries for some of the blue berries and the result was just delicious! Great for breakfast with some buttered toast! Thanks for posting this winner! Made for PAC Spring 2010!