Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A refreshing drink - healthy. Found in a 16th Century "cookbook"
- Place sultanas in a large container.
- Pour sugar over the top.
- Halve the lemons and squeeze the juice over the sultanas.
- Then add the lemon halves to the mix.
- Pour the boiling water over the mix.
- Stir well.
- Cover and stand for 24 hours.
- Strain through a sieve, keeping the fluid.
- (The sultanas can be set aside to be made into something else.) Bottle and store in a cool place.
- Serve when wanted.
This drink has a lovely rich taste - and the sultanas are amazingly lemony & yummy after being soaked overnight! Thank you!