Recipe by duonyte
From the Chicago Tribune, as adapted from Deborah Madison's "The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone". I have not tried this yet, but it sounds refreshing and just the thing for a potluck.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 -3 cucumbers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion, green and white parts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- lettuce leaf, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook rice until tender, drain, and briefly rinse with cool water. Spread on a kitchen towel, cover with another towel, and gently pat dry.
- Meanwhile, put the cucumbers, parsley, dill and mint in a large bowl.
- Combine the onions, salt, vinegar and oil to make the dressing.
- While the rice is still warm, stir it into the cucumber mix, adding the dressing and the yogurt. Toss gently with a wide spatula. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve tepid or chilled on lettuce leaves.