Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from Cooking Light Magazine, January 2001. The whole family likes this one! Since 'Zaar's nutrition calculator is always confused, here is the nutrition info from Cooking Light: Calories: 210 (25% from fat) Fat: 5.9g (sat 2g,mono 1.9g,poly 0.8g) Protein: 27.4g Carbohydrate: 10g Fiber: 0.9g Cholesterol: 64mg Iron: 2.4mg Sodium: 621mg Calcium: 38mg
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup (such as Campbell's)
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning after 3 minutes.
- Remove patties from pan; keep warm. Stir in water and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; add patties. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until wine mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes).