Recipe by jenpalombi
from Cooking Light Magazine, January 2001. The whole family likes this one! Since 'Zaar's nutrition calculator is always confused, here is the nutrition info from Cooking Light: Calories: 210 (25% from fat) Fat: 5.9g (sat 2g,mono 1.9g,poly 0.8g) Protein: 27.4g Carbohydrate: 10g Fiber: 0.9g Cholesterol: 64mg Iron: 2.4mg Sodium: 621mg Calcium: 38mg
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup (such as Campbell's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning after 3 minutes.
- Remove patties from pan; keep warm. Stir in water and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; add patties. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until wine mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes).