1/3 Photos of Cooking Light's Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
Even though we may be on a diet, my family couldn't stand the thought of giving up biscuits. I have been looking for good homemade biscuits that were a little lighter. I don't know if these qualify as lighter or not, but they are good. CALORIES 131 (32% from fat); FAT 4.7g (sat 2.9g, mono 0.9g, poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 4.2g; CARB 18.5g; FIBER 0.5g; CHOL 13mg; IRON 0.9mg; SODIUM 239mg; CALC 98mg WW points 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Chill 10 minutes.
- 3Combine buttermilk and honey, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- 4Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times.
- 5Roll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour.
- 6Fold dough crosswise into thirds (as if folding a piece of paper to fit into an envelope).
- 7Reroll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour.
- 8Fold dough crosswise into thirds; gently roll or pat to a 3/4-inch thickness.
- 9Cut dough with a 1 3/4-inch biscuit cutter to form 14 dough rounds.
- 10Place dough rounds, 1 inch apart, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 11Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden.
- 12Remove from pan; cool 2 minutes on wire racks. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light's Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 184.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: