Recipe by blucoat
This is a fast, easy, and healthy recipe that makes a very moist and flavourful chicken. If you double the marinade you can pour it over some rice and have a complete (and delicious) dinner. Also, if you have the time, let the chicken marinate for longer- it will be even juicier. The marinade would also work well with a mild fish. Recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine (October 2006).
Top Review by Spencer #2
Good citrus flavor- not too much or too little. I only gave 4 stars because my husband complained that the chicken was too dry. What does he expect from a healthy low-fat, low-carb recipe?
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken cutlet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 6 cups bagged prewashed Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pour 1/4 cup juice mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag. Seal; let stand 5 minutes. Add oil to remaining juice mixture; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 1/2 cups spinach on each of 4 plates. Divide chicken evenly among servings; top each serving with 1 tablespoon juice mixture.