Recipe by kitchenslave03
Convenience of store bought ravioli with a quick homemade sauce. Would also be delicious with some spinach and ricotta added. Use whatever kind of ravioli you wish.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages chicken ravioli, refrigerated variety
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a dutch oven coated with cooking spray over med-high. Add onion, bell pepper, oregano and garlic; saute 5 minutes or til veggies are tender. Add tomato paste and next 6 ingredients, stirring well to combine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Add pasta to sauce, tossing well to combine. Spoon pasta into an 8-inch square dish coated with cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or til cheese melts and begins to brown.