Chef 975808's Note:
I used to work at cookies by design,so this is the real deal - except modified a little because the average person will not be able to buy "almond emulsion" or "spread" Also, this recipe is scaled down from it's original, which was made in a 60 qt. mixer. It may have to be scaled down again. I have not made it at home. I must warn you, I do not know the yield on these cookies. I made up a number...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With paddle attachment, mix butter for 30 seconds. Add a 1/3 of the powdered sugar, mix on first speed for 1 minute. Add another 1/3 of the powdered sugar, mix another minute. Finally, add the last 1/3 of sugar, mix 1 minute.
- 2Combine eggs, vanilla, and almond extract together, add to butter/sugar mixture. Mix for 30 seconds.
- 3Add a 1/3 of the flour, mix 1 minute.
- 5Add the next 1/3 of the flour, mix 2 minutes.
- 7Add the final 1/3 of the flour, mix 3 minutes.
- 8Refrigerate until able to be rolled out and cut into desired shapes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies by Design - Sugar Shortbread Cookies the Real Deal!
Serving Size: 1 (2245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 102.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g