Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is a luscious pie. I make every christmas when all our family gets together for fun, food and great quality time. It is a favorite of my grandmother, who just turned 84. :)
- 1 (12 5/8 ounce) packagejell-o no-bake cookies and cream dessert
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups cold milk
- 1⁄4 cup general foods international coffee instant coffee (Suisse Mocha Flavor, Vanilla Cafe' Flavor or Irish Cream Cafe' Flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir crust mix and butter thoroughly with spoon in medium bowl until crumbs are well moistened.
- Press onto bottom and up side of 9 inch pie plate.
- Pour cold milk into large bowl.
- Add filling mix and coffee.
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes.
- DO NOT UNDERBEAT.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the crushed cookies.
- Gently stir in remaining crushed cookies into filling until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Top with reserved cookies.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm or freeze 2 hours to serve frozen.
- (I have tried both ways-both are very good).