Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was published in July, 1960 in an advertisement by Gold Medal Flour / Betty Crocker. The pie crust is sweeter and more like a cookie than a regular pie. Experiment with different toppings and Ice Cream flavors to suit your family. Enjoy! (Preparation time includes minimum chilling time)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- whipped cream, for topping
- strawberry, for topping
- Mix Butter, Sugar and Vanilla thoroughly.
- Sift Flour and Salt together
- Add to Butter mixture and blend well.
- Chill mixture for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pat dough evenly into an ungreased, 9" pie pan.
- Flute edges and prick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Just before serving, fill evenly with slightly softened Ice Cream and top with Whipped Cream and Strawberries for a 'Sundae' effect.