Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Just had these at a school function and they were soooo yummy and decadent!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 lbs semi-sweet chocolate candy coating
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in condensed milk and vanilla. Add flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours until firm.
- Microwave and melt candy coating, stirring until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate and place on wax paper. Refrigerate until firm (about 15 minutes).
- Store in refrigerator.
These were a complete flop for me! They would not get hard at all, & I kept these in fridge overnight. Next day I took them out & melted my chocolate & the balls would about disintegrate in chocolate. So I prayed to my patron saint of the kitchen (Julia Childs) & threw coffee in cholate, milk, ground up nuts & cereal & threw an egg in there & mixed all the balls up in chocolate. I didn't want to lose all that good stuff! I baked for about 35 min & lord knows what I have come up with. If they are good, I will probably never be able to duplicate again! They smell really good tho. If they do not harden as a bar cookie, they will get smushed with ice cream. Sorry! Didn't work for me.