Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We all know about chocolate chip cookies. Well meet the true reverse form of this delicious treat. Cookie Chips Chocolates! Basically you make chips out of cookie dough and fold it into your favourite melted chocolate to make a wonderful inside-out cookie candy. This recipe comes from a blog called the Clumbsy Cookie. Very creative idea!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 7⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 9 ounces chocolate, your preference, I like milk
- Beat butter and both sugars just until they come together. Don’t over-beat. Add the egg and beat just until incorporated.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder and add to the batter.
- Stir just until blended and put into a pastry bag with a small round tip*.
- Drop into a cookie sheet pulling up so the dough get a thin point, characteristic of the chips.
- Bake into a preheated 170ºC (325ºF) oven, for 5 minutes.
- Let them cool while you melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Pour the chips over the chocolate and mix until they're all coated, being careful not to break them.
- Reserve some to decorate the top of the cookies. Drop by teaspoons onto a tray lined with plastic wrap, foil, silpat or baking paper.
- Decorate with 3 or 4 cookie chips and take to the fridge to harden.
- * If you don't want to bother doing the chips, you can just spread the dough with a spatula or the back of a spoon in a cookie sheet, bake and then cut or break into chunks.