Recipe by coconutcream
Coconut cookies from France, these rich treats are great as a dessert or a snack.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 400°F; prepare a baking sheet.
- Pour the egg whites, sugar and vanilla sugar into a saucepan over medium heat, then start whisking vigourously until they get hot and frothy.
- Take away from flame and keep whisking until temperature cools down a bit.
- Pour the shredded coconut in all at once and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Place balls of coconut mixture on the baking sheet (about 2.5 inches in diameter).
- Bake for 15 minutes until they get golden; the Congolais must be crunchy outside and soft inside.
- Serve the biscuits warm or cold, simply by themselves or with a ball of vanilla ice-cream.