Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is really yummy. It's a specialty from the Brittany and Normandy regions in France and you eat it like all other jams. Store in the refrigerator!
- 2 liters full-cream milk
- 1 kg sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 2 vanilla pod, cut in two
- 1 kg sugar, with pectin
- Pour the milk in a casserole, add sugar and vanilla sugar and stir gently.
- Add the vanilla pods and let simmer, stirring frequently. The milk will get a caramelly color after a while.
- You have to get a golden caramel color for it to be done. Drip some on a little plate, if the jam sets instantly, it's ready.
- Poor into sterilized jars, close the lids and put upside down until the next day.