Recipe by PatsyAnnie
This is an easy, delicious hash brown casserole. I think you'll enjoy the difference the corn makes.
Top Review by lqqkn4warblers
I first tasted this recipe three years ago at a picnic. My friend made it as her covered dish and it was a hit with the crowd. I now make it as my covered dish when I go to picnics. It holds up well in a crockpot at the "warm" setting and reheats nicely too. Only once did I go to a picnic and find a covered dish similar to this one... this recipe was much tastier and disappeared first!
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn whole kernel corn
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (1 stack)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the thawed potatoes, onions, sour cream, 8 T.
- of melted butter, mushroom soup, corn and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese.
- Put into a greased 9 x 13" casserole.
- Top with the remaining 2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- In a large skillet, Melt the 6 T.
- of butter.
- Lightly brown the Ritz cracker crumbs in the butter.
- Spread on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.