Recipe by DailyInspiration
Can't wait to try this delicious-sounding recipe. Try this wonderful recipe with your next stir-fry or just by itself! Recipe is from my Kenny Roger's cookbook. (Prep time does not include cooking time for rice).
Top Review by twissis
Made for the FYC tag game to serve w/a stir-fried pork dish tagged in another game. I halved this recipe & left out the peas (not a fave w/us) plus the water chestnuts just because I did not have any. I really tried to follow the recipe otherwise, but made 1 error as I worked in haste to get dinner on the table for DH who was hovering over me like he had not had a meal in days. I added the egg strips while I was still lifting & frying the rice, which caused them to break up into the rice mixture. It certainly did not seem to hurt this colorful fried rice w/a mix of textures & great flavor. This recipe would work well as a main-dish w/shrimp replacing the ham IMO. We liked this a lot & it will be repeated. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us.
- vegetable oil (or your choice of oil, coconut oil sounds wonderful to me)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 large garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 6 cups rice (unsalted, cooked)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced (drained)
- 1 cup ham, julienned
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet. Add eggs. Tilt skillet so eggs form about a 6-inch pancake. Cook until set spooning oil over eggs where necessary to set edges. Remove from skillet with a spatula. Cool; cut into strips.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to skillet. Saute garlic and ginger. Add rice; stir fry, lifting from from the bottom until grains separate. Add water chestnuts, ham, carrots, peas, green onion and soy sauce. Continue to lift from bottom while stir-frying. Remove from heat. Stir in egg strips.