Recipe by dicentra
This is from my 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian cookbook. Posting for ZWT3. “This cumin-accented pepper salad is a Moroccan classic. For a more festive appearance, use a combination of red, yellow and green peppers.”
- 8 large bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler. Set peppers on a baking sheet. Broil as close to the heat as possible, turning, until skins blister evenly, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer peppers to a bag and seal. Let steam for 10 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and seed peppers under running water. Set in a colander to drain.
- Finely dice peppers and place in a serving bowl. Mix with olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve chilled.