Recipe by Member #610488
Speciality of the Hotel Sole, Maleo, Parma, Italy. Easy to prepare and fun to eat.
- 2 medium eggplants, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces green beans
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 lb conchiglie (seashell pasta)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the diced eggplant with salt and leave for 1 hour to purge its bitter liquid.
- Heat half of the oil and gently cook onion, garlic, tomatoes and rinsed and dried eggplant. Season to taste.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water until they are not quite tender.
- Heat the remaining oil and cook the bell peppers with the oregano and a little salt. When soft, add to sauce.
- Mix the drained green beans with the vegetables in the sauce and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and stir in the sauce. Serve at once with grated parmesan on top of each serving.