Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
"Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry.” Taking mashed potatoes to a new level! Four kinds of cheese....what's not to like?
- 2 lbs Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, cubed (chevre)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (if they are large use 2 1/2)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided (not the canned type)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and greased a baking dish.
- Peel the film at the corner of the Simply Potatoes package to vent and heat on high for 3 minutes in the microwave. Carefully remove the film (be careful not to burn yourself with steam) and stir. Microwave on high for 1 more minute.
- In a large bowl, mix the potatoes, goat cheese, cream cheese, and butter. Stir together until well-blended.
- Carefully stir in the crumbled bacon, bell pepper, green onions, and pepper. Taste at this point and see if you want to add the salt. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cheddar and parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
What a fantastic lunch this made for me. Since it was only DH and I the other night for dinner, I only used a portion of the potatoes for our chicken dinner and saved the rest for lunch and another dinner. For breakfast, I made extra bacon, so this was quite quick fix for lunch. I loved that it had the protein with the bacon and yummy cheeses and then all the veggies. When using these potatoes, I find it is sometimes gummy after heating, so found that by draining the potatoes of excess liquid first, provides a lighter fluffier mashed taters. Thanks for sharing a great new recipe breezermom!!! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
When making this I cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, & used it as a side with some meatballs I was making to freeze! Maybe an odd combo, but for us it worked & I'll be making these taters again, for sure! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Very nice variation on mashed potatoes. I skipped the optional salt and the extra butter, and we found it nice and creamy and well flavored. The goat cheese adds a nice hint of flavor, and the veggies are a great addition. Thanks for sharing!