Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I recently made this recipe when I was having guests for dinner who had informed me they might be late. It was perfect. It held well in a 200 degrees oven for 45 minutes and turned out great! It's easy too. The original recipe calls for green onions, I used chives, it also called for cheddar cheese, I only had grated colby/jack and that was fine too. A forgiving recipe! From an old Farm Journal cookbook.
- 4 cups hot seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup snipped chives (or green onions)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Combine potatoes, sour cream, chives (or green onions) and cheese.
- Turn into a greased, 1 1/2-qt casserole; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- *Bake in a 350° oven for 25 minutes.
- *Atthis point, you may refrigerate until baking time, or if they are baked and ready before serving time, you can hold them in a low temp oven.
These were very good and creamy. I loved the taste and will be making these again.
Very tasty, Used yoghurt instead of the sour cream and also green onions instead of the chives. Served it with grilled fish (Pomfret) and a green salad for a nice meal. Thanks for posting :) Fay