Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A slightly modified version of a recipe I found on allrecipes.com
- 1 cup couscous, whole-wheat preferred
- 1 cup chicken broth, heated to boiling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, cut in chiffonade
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir couscous into boiling broth, then return to a boil. Cover and remove pot from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While the couscous is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, pine nuts, green onions and red pepper; saute briefly. Stir in tomatoes, basil, cranberries, cooked couscous, salt and pepper. Mix together and transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Splash some balsamic vinegar on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese while still warm.