LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
These Mediterranean inspired quesadillas make a great quick, flavourful lunch. The flavour of the vegetables with the cheese is great, but if you want a little bit of spice, add the cayenne pepper flakes. Created for RSC #11.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 inch tortillas
- 7.39 ml Miracle Whip light
- 14.79 ml sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 78.07 ml artichoke heart, packed in water (1 1/2 hearts)
- 4.92 ml shallot, chopped
- 28.39 ml black beans, drained and rinsed
- 0.25 ml garlic powder
- 0.25 ml of cayenne chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 g spinach, fresh, shredded
- 59.14 ml gouda cheese
- 59.14 ml part-skim mozzarella cheese or 59.14 ml gouda cheese
- 1Spread Miracle whip on one half of the tortilla, on that same half sprinkle with sundried tomatoes.
- 2Gently squeeze most of the water from the artichoke hearts. Cut artichoke hearts in half and cut each half into 4 pieces. Sprinkle artichoke heart pieces, shallots, black beans, garlic powder (optional), and pepper flakes (optional) on same half of the tortilla. Top with shredded spinach.
- 3Grate cheese and sprinkle cheese on top of spinach. Fold tortilla over so fillings are covered.
- 4On medium heat, place quesadilla in a non stick frying pan and heat till golden brown, flip quesadilla onto the other side and heat until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 5Place quesadilla on a plate and cut into 4 wedges. Enjoy with sour cream and salsa.
- 6NOTE: this recipe is easy to double, triple or quadruple. If doubling, feel free to cover the whole surface of one tortilla with fillings and place the second tortilla over top. Cut into 8 wedges for 2 servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colourful Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 1125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: