Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in a cookbook I bought at a garage sale. “Good Things in England” by Florence White was published in 1933. The recipes are from 1399 to 1932. Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005. Time to make and serving amounts are estimated.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (Follow the directions for your pie crust.).
- Place one of the pie crust sheets in a pie plate. Trim to fit the plate.
- Layer the ingredients in the pie crust in this order: cheese, onion, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pie with the 2nd pie crust. Trim and decorate as desired.
- Brush the top of the pie with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minute.