Recipe by cookiedog
I watched Gina make this on the show Down Home with the Neelys- I can't wait to try this one myself!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes collard greens, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute until it reaches a golden blonde color. Slowly whisk in the cream and turn up heat until it thickens.
- Add the Parmesan and Cheddar. Stir until the cheese has melted. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Fold in the collard greens and artichoke hearts.
- Add mixture to a casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve this dip with baked pita chips.