Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried this for the first time when I last made those addictive Hushpuppy-Fried Shrimp. I was afraid the slaw might be too sweet with the apple and pineapple but it wasn't. I had never had a slaw made with cream cheese before so didn't know what to expect. I'll be making this again.
- 3 cups grated cabbage (I prefer grated to shredded but thinly shredded would work also)
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled apple
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (these are optional but I love them in this dish)
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft cream cheese (the regular cream cheese might be too firm..haven't tried it so I don't know for sure)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise (you may need it to get the right consistency) (optional)
- Mix together cabbage, apples, celery and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and pineapple.
- Add mayonnaise, if desired.
- Fold cream cheese dressing into slaw mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.