Recipe by NRG Tribe
This is from Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. I combined the recipes for the dressing into this one.
Top Review by MaiaJ
maybe it was that i used full fat yogurt instead of sour cream, but this recipe had no flavor. I ended up adding, dill, and celery seed, and still not enough flavor or texture.
i ended up squeezing out most of the juice, and adding a bunch of mayo, honey and salt and pepper. It was ok then. Not great.
I really wanted to like this but it just didn't have the right consistency.
- 1 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
For the Dressing
- 1 teaspoon dijon type mustard
- 2 tablespoons raw wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon expeller-expressed flax seed oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- Combine mustard and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly with a fork.
- Blend in cream with a fork.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well. Chill before serving.