Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious served as a pupu or served with salad. Very simple and flavorful recipe for tofu! Wonderful for a hot summer day.
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons diced scallions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Marinate tofu cubes in sauce for 10 minutes.
- Top with scallions, sesame seeds and optional red pepper.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Delicious served over shreadded lettuce, or cabbage or bean sprouts.
loved this. I actually get cravings for it now. i think i may have put in too much soy sauce..still tasted great though top marks
Too strong for my taste.
Just like the intro says - simple and flavorful! I have done something similar for years, but always took it one step further and browned the cubes. I never thought about just eating them after marinating...it was better than I expected and so nice to have an easy, tasty lunch. Thanks for posting!