Recipe by Missy Wombat
A vegan Udon noodle recipe courtesy of Fritz of alt.food.vegan
Top Review by Debbie Endo
I used more maple syrup,and substituted hot seasme oil for plain while omitting the chile powder. I also used both cider and rice vinegar. The mixture needed to be thinned with water but was the best cold sesame sauce i have tried. Thanks Missy
- 1 lb udon noodles or 1 lb soba noodles (or whatever long pasta you'd like)
- 3 tablespoons tahini (can substitute peanut butter)
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar or 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar (really perks up the flavour) (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds (or more if you like)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 chopped scallions
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles.
- Drain& cool.
- Mix all the ingredients except the snow peas, coriander& scallions.
- Taste& adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Thin with water if too thick.
- Add noodles& raw snow peas& toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle top with scallions& coriander.