1/1 Photo of Cold Poached Trout
From "The Night Before" Cookbook. They specify 'small' trout, but I think one uses the trout one HAS.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash trout in cold water. Blot dry. Slash outside flesh diagonally, 2 or 3 cuts to each fish.
- 2Cut lemons in half. Using 1/2 lemon for each trout, gently rub with cut side of lemon, squeezing as you rub. Season inside and out with salt & pepper. Sprinkle 1 tsp rosemary leaves in the cavity of each fish.
- 3Bring wine, stock, butter, and onion to simmer in shallow skillet or roasting pan. Add fish and simmer 12-15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate, in pan, 1 hour.
- 4Remove fish carefully from liquid. Lift off skin. Store on bed of paper towels on platter covered with foil or plastic wrap.
- 5Refrigerate liquid separately.
- 6Just before serving, arrange trout on beds of lettuce on individual serving plates.
- 7Pour over each fish 1 teaspoon of poaching liquid. Serve with mustard mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Poached Trout
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.4
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 34.5 g