Recipe by Rita~
Thanks to my Sister Theresa. I came up with this recipe. I made this as a dressing for a salad that was so good I just ate it cold. Great for those hot summer days when you don't want to cook. Just blend and drink! The fruit is oval shapped, heart-shaped or nearly round, 1 to 1-1/2 inches in length. The edible portion is white, translucent, firm and juicy. The flavor is sweet, fragrant and delicious.
Top Review by Scott1265
Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly except that I used canned lychees. I served this with Lemongrass chicken and Phad Prig green beans. I look forward to making this again and again. It is an easy to prepare, very impressive dish.
- 25 chilled lychees, peeled and seeded
- 1 fresh lime juice, chilled
- 1 ounce candied ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 mango, chilled peeled and pitted- 1/2 used for dressing and 1/2 used for garnish
- 1⁄2 ounce sweet onion, chopped
- mint leaf (to garnish)