This recipe goes back over 30 years, it's wonderful served as appetizers on crackers or toasted party pumpernickle bread and of course it's also great in a sandwich! --- you may adjust all ingredients to taste, plan ahead this needs to chill for a couple of hours or overnight before using
- 3 cups minced cooked ham
- 1 hard-cooked egg (peeled and chopped)
- 3 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (or use 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion, or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I start with 1/2 cup and add in more if needed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a medium bowl combine the first 6 ingredients together.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise and yellow mustard until well combined; add to the mixture in the ham mixture; mix to combine.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill a minimum of 2 or more hours before using.