Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Shape magazine.
Make and share this Cold Curried Chicken Salad With Cranberries recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cranberry-orange relish (bottled on shelf or fresh in deli section)
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the greens.
- Toss well, cover, and chill for 15 minutes (or make the day before).
- Divide chicken salad in half and place each serving on top of mixed greens.
A wonderful light and summery salad recipe that makes good use of cooked chicken! I LOVED this, I served it with mache (lamb's lettuce) and sliced brown bread, so a I made a few sandwiches along the way!! Tangy and spicy but in a nice mellow way. I loved this Reds darlink! Made for Summer Salad Snapshots and Hot and Spicy in the Photos Forum. FT:-)
This was easy to made and tasted great. When mixing in the relish, it reminded me of stained glass windows, very pretty and it added a nice flavor. Cranberry-Orange Relish by Ed Paulhus was what I used had some leftover when I last made it. Thanks Redsie for posting this, I'll be making it again. Made for *1 2 3 Hit Wonders* game 2008
I enjoyed this a great deal and it made a very tasty and low fat lunch. I used a medium strength curry powder and a normal whole fruit cranberry relish because I couldn't find the type with orange. I served it on a bed of baby leaf spinach rather than the mixed leaves. The dish was like a 'zippier' version of coronation chicken with just the right amount of crunch from the celery and apples. I think it would also be nice as a sandwich or pita filling.