Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from a cookbook titled 365 Quick, Easy and Inexpensive Dinner Menus...and it is. The cola mixed with the soups makes a wonderful gravy. Make sure you have fresh bread for dipping!
- 2 cups Coca-Cola
- 1 lb cubed ham
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups water
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pan.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 1 hour.