1/1 Photo of Cola Fruit and Date Loaf
1 hr 50 mins
--Adopted Recipe-- The original submitter says that this fruity loaf showed up in Coke and Seven-Up cookbooks. The recipe was adapted from "Cooking With Coke" - a publication of the Coca Cola Company. Be sure to make a day ahead of time, because it is best the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- 2Generously grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Chop dates.
- 4Heat cola to boiling. Remove from heat and stir in dates, mixing very well.
- 5Stir in sugar and oil. Cool while preparing other ingredients.
- 6Stir dry ingredients together and add to cola mixture. Stir in egg, extract and nuts.
- 7Spoon batter into pan. Bake about 1 hour until cake tests done. Cool on a rack for 20 minutes then remove from pan and wrap.
- 8Store overnight before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cola Fruit and Date Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.0
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 150.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g