1/7 Photos of Coke Cake-Cracker Barrel Style
1 hr 10 mins
I've tried many recipes for coco-cola cakes and just couldn't find one like Cracker Barrel's. I finally just adapted a recipe into this cake. My husband requests this for his birthday cake every year. My MIL says it's even better than Cracker Barrel! Imagine that, a compliment from the MIL! This cake is amazing warm served with vanilla ice cream but I'm told it's even better the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cola, beverage
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Spray a 9x13 glass pan with nonstick spray.
- 4Combine flour, granulated sugar and baking soda in mixing bowl.
- 5In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup butter, 5 tablespoons cocoa and 1 cup cola beverage to boiling. (whisk together as it melts).
- 6Pour over the flour mixture and mix thoroughly. I just use a whisk for this because it comes together so easily.
- 7Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- 8Pour into prepared 9x13 pan.
- 9Bake for 40 minutes.
- 10During last 10 minutes of baking prepare frosting.
- 11Prepare Second Frosting:.
- 12Place 5 cups confectioners' sugar in a mixing bowl.
- 13In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder and 9 tablespoons cola beverage. Whisk together. Heat to boiling.
- 14Remove from heat, stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 15Pour over 4 cups confectioners' sugar.
- 16Mix well with a whisk.
- 18Remove cake from oven.
- 19Immediately frost with marshmallow cream. Go slow. This will prevent tearing the cake. As the fluff warms a bit it will spread easily.
- 20Slowly pour warm coco-cola frosting over marshmallow fluff.
- 21It's best to let this cake cool for about an hour before cutting into it.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coke Cake-Cracker Barrel Style
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.2
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 346.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 83.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g