Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This syrup can be used in making a milk shake, milk nog, and other milk beverages where coffee flavor is desired. I have yet to try this recipe but have often wanted a coffee flavoring for baking. (Time does not include cooling the syrup.)
- Boil the sugar and water together for about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the ground coffee.
- Let stand until cool; strain.
- Refrigerate syrup in a sealed container.
- **This syrup can be used in making a milk shake, milk nog, and other milk beverages where coffee flavor is desired.
Plus five more ***** I luv Coffee Syrup but hate the price. Its really the only way I can stand milk. And the fact that I can use what ever flavor coffee I like is wonderful. Luv it on ice cream to. Thank you so very much.
Very easy to make - I let the syrup boil down a little bit before pouring the syrup over the coffee. I actually used hazelnut coffee - tasty with chocolate syrup over ice cream. As an alternative, use like espresso and add a little extra kick to your morning coffee - yes, I'm serious (I like my coffee).
This is so wonderful in the summer. Put some in your blender with half and half, a generous amount of Hershey's chocolate syrup and some ice. Throw in some ice and blend away. Yummy! Like your frozen coffee drinks, but half the price. Makes it taste even better!