Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another refreshing slushie drink that my sis and me came up with. It is very healthy and reminiscent of those frozen coffee drinks you can get at starbucks only much better for you and cheaper. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we do!
- 250 ml coffe-flavour soymilk (or use vanilla plus 1 ts instant coffee, ~1 cup)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla bean seeds (or 1/2 ts vanilla extract)
- 18 ice cubes (or try frozen coffee cubes for even more coffee flavour)
- Crush ice cubes in your blender or in a freezer bag using a rolling pin or any other heavy instrument you have handy (I actually use my maglite torch ;)).
- Add soy milk and vanilla and blend on high until slushie like in consistency.
I used brewed coffee and soy milk with the crushed ice. Very nice!
Very tasty! I used Silk's pre-made soy coffee latte as I haven't been able to find the coffee flavored soy milk. I used crushed ice to help the blender in the blending process. I also used vanilla extract. It is very similar to a store bought coffee house beverage for a lot less. Made for Veg 'n Swap tag #60.
So sorry there is no photo but made for DH as he was running out the door this morning. DH called me to say this was very nice and that he thought it should be a 5 star. I made as written. Thanks for the post.