Recipe by nascarmom
This fudge is soooo good and rich. Perfect taste of chocolate and coffee. For gift giving you can pour into mini loafpans, then slice each loaf and individually wrap in cellophane wrap and tie with a large ribbon. This came from Southern Living Christmas 2004. This is an easy recipe to make and I am not sure of the actual prep time because it depends on too many things.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a 4 quart heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until sugar dissolves and marshmallows melt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees which is the soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate morsels until melted.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Spread immediately into 2 aluminum foil-lined, buttered 5 3/4" x 3 1/2" mini loafpans. I used 1 regular aluminum foil loaf pan for mine. (Lining the loafpans with aluminum foil and buttering them makes it easy to remove uncut fudge from the pans in one piece to slice it).
- Cool completely.
- Remove fudge from pans.
- Slice into 1/2" slabs.