Recipe by Iron Bloomers
A cool shimmering cup of coffee you can eat with a spoon. I grew up on this in Rhode Island & have not found it anywhere else. For the true coffee lover.
Top Review by karincs9
Wow! I too grew up in Rhode Island, and remember watching my grandmother use the morning's leftover coffee for my grandfather's favorite coffee jello lunchtime dessert! He would eat a big bowl with a splash of cream. Delicious!!
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold coffee (or Kahlua)
- 3 cups hot coffee
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or up to 3/4 cup according to desired sweetness)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine gelatin and cold coffee.
- Allow to sit 10 minutes to soften.
- Add hot coffee, sugar and salt; stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and mixture is clear.
- Pour into individual serving dishes and chill till set.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.