Recipe by Annacia
I drink coffee but the less it tastes like coffee the better I like it. This one is perfect for a winters sit by the fireside. Cooking time is however long it takes your coffee pot to brew the coffee. This is really sweet as written, feel free to alter the sugar amount to your own taste. PS. Big mugs are really called for here.
Top Review by Studentchef
I used espresso coffee for this and found that it worked very well with the rest of the ingredients. It was creamy and thick and full of flavour. I especially loved the addition of lemon and orange! It definetely warmed me up and it definetely warmed my parents, since it was cooler in the morning than it is right now.
- 3 cups coffee
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large orange peel, of broken into 6 pieces
- 1 large lemon peel, of broken into 6 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place one piece of each peel into cups.
- Mix butter, sugar, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Mix coffee and cream.
- Pour both mixtures into cups and stir.
- *NOTE: For the strips of peel I use a veggie peeler and take a good sized strip from the fruits trying NOT to include the white part.