Prep 25 mins
Cook 33 mins
WOW!!! A most pleasing way to get that extra jolt of caffeine;)
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 6 oz. good quality semisweet chocolate, chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons heavy cream or 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
- BROWNIES: Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine the espresso powder and hot water in a small bowl; stir to dissolve the granules.
- Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth; remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the espresso mixture, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly into a greased 8" square baking pan.
- Bake for 33-38 minutes, or until the brownies just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Cool completely.
- FROSTING: Combine the espresso powder and 2 Tbsp.
- heavy cream in a small bowl; stir to dissolve the granules.
- Add the powdered sugar and butter; beat with an electric mixer on low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, and adding enough cream to reach desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled brownies.
- DRIZZLE: Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth; drizzle over frosting.
- If desired, swirl the chocolate with a knife for a marbelized pattern.
- Cut into bars.
OH MY, oh my, oh my.... THESE are delectable little morsels. Easy to put together and to die for. If you like coffee and chocolate.. YOU HAVE TO TRY THESE... Thanks for a killer brownie