Recipe by HotChaiLatte
Cold brewed coffee is perfect for iced drinks and less acidic than hot or "fast" brewed coffee. This strong concentrate of coffee is ideal to keep in your fridge for pouring over ice or into a to go cup. I like it black but add cream, sugar and coffee flavorings (SF Torani Vanilla is good) when ready to drink. Saves time and money making delicious coffee drinks at home, great for picnics and camping too.
- 1⁄4-2 1⁄4 cup ground coffee (fresh ground if possible)
- 1 -10 cup water (filtered if possible)
optional at time of serving
- coffee flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coffee and water in a container, approximately 4:1 ratio water to coffee. 1/4 cup coffee makes 2-3 cups brewed coffee, 2 1/4 cups makes pitcher of coffee. Leave on counter 3 to 12 hours.
- Strain coffee into clean container using metal filter basket, cheesecloth or kitchen strainer (the finer the better). Straining may take a while and you may need to clean out your filter as you go. Doing this step in the sink is reccomended due to possible spillage.
- Pour the final mixture into your storage container and put it in the fridge. That's it!
- This mixture is possibly 2-3 times as strong as you will want to drink it. Dilute with an equal amount of water to start. Serve over ice. If the mixture is too strong, add water to dilute. Add cream and sugar at the time of serving.