Recipe by Papa Deuce
A full bodied BBQ sauce made with STRONG coffee.
Top Review by loof
Boy is this sauce ever GOOD! Rich and flavorful with a perfect mix of sweet, savory and spice. I used it on baby back ribs and can't wait to try on chicken or brisket. This stuff is fantastic - thanks for posting this recipe!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup very strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder