Recipe by Miraklegirl
This recipe comes from Christine Cushing. She used it on grilled drumsticks. It is a wonderfully full flavoured sauce- the coffee adds alot of depth. Try it...
Top Review by Sharon123
Wow, this is a hot one but so good! I cut back on the jalapeno, just used one, and used just 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper and it is still hot! I didn't have expresso so I just cooked down my leftover coffee! Thanks so much!!!
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brewed espresso
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion, coarsely,chopped
- 3 jalapenos, halved,seeded
- 3 garlic, cloves,crushed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mustard powder with 1 tbsp of water to make mustard mixture.
- In a saucepan, prepare the barbecue sauce by combining ketchup, brown sugar, espresso, cider vinegar, onion, jalapenos, garlic, molasses, mustard mixture, Worcestershire, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and use as a marinade and grilling sauce on poultry.