Recipe by Hill Family
Cody is quite the cook and this is an easy bachelor item he makes for all of us on get-togethers!
Top Review by Kosher Kook #2
Excellent! I did substitute serrano peppers from my garden for the green chilies (what I had on hand) and my family and guests raved! Switched the crock pot to "keep warm" from low after about 6 1/2 hours, and it kept very nicely for late risers. I do recommend using a liner (oven bag works just as well) as any recipe similar to this will make clean-up a chore. Keeping the leftovers to construct breakfast burritos tomorrow. Thank you, thank you, Hill Family for sharing this recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb sausage or 1⁄2 lb ham
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 -2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cups cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Brown the sausage and bacon.
- In crock pot, layer the items until you have run out.
- Be sure that the first layer is a meat.
- Mix together the eggs and milk (salt and pepper to taste) and pour over the top.
- Cook on low for approximately 8 hours.