Mark Bittman, How to cook Fish Alternate fish: catfish; grouper;haddock; pollock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees. (not broil).
- 2Heat a 10-inch pan on med-high.
- 3Dredge the top side of the cod with flour.
- 4Add olive oil to the pan and heat until a pinch of flour sizzles when dropped in pan.
- 5Cook the Cod, flour side down, until brown about 3-4 minutes.
- 6Turn it and season with salt & pepper.
- 7Add garlic, wine, parsley and scallions.
- 8Immediately put the pan in oven and bake until cod is done. about 5-7 mins.
- 9When the cod begins to "gape" (its sections separate).
- 10When its done it is opaque throughout and will offer no resistance to a thin-bladed knife; avoid overcooking.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod a La Vasca
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.5
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 136.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 42.1 g