Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe makes 12 tartlets and came from my cookery teacher, i really like this recipie a lot as they are pretty quick to make.
- 100 g shortcrust pastry
- 50 g butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 medium sized egg
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- strawberry jam
- Heat oven to gas mark 4 (350F, 180C) Roll out pastry thinly and cut into rounds using a 3 inch cutter.
- Place half a teaspoon of jam in the bottom of each tartlet.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and coconut.
- Place 1tsp of the sponge mixture on top of the jam.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the sponge is golden brown and risen.