Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Grease an 8x8 inch square pan, set aside.
- In a large, nonstick fry pan heat ricotta cheese on medium heat.
- Add milk powder and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Stir frequently to avoid sticking or burning on the bottom.
- Add sugar and stir.
- The ricotta cheese mixture will become liquid again.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- The mixture should be quite thick.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and press the mixture with a spatula.
- Cut into 1 x 1 inch diamond shapes.
- The mixture sets as it cools.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.
I liked this! I just finished making it and I actually turned it into a low-carb snack, replacing the sugar with Splenda. The coconut is really the key ingredient and it gives it a good flavor. Thanks for sharing.