Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chewy candies that kids really like. You can make them plain but the lime juice and cloves add an interesting twist.
- 2⁄3 cup dry unsweetened coconut
- 7 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place the coconut in a pan with the water and sugar.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the ground cloves and lime juice and increase heat.
- Cool, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mixture has thickened and become dark golden brown.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on to the lined tray, pressing down with the back of the spoon to flatten it lightly into chunky, irregular pieces.
- Leave to cool before eating.