Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A velvety smooth soup flavored with ginger. It's quick and easy, and it's modified from The Soup Bible.
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes in syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup chicken broth
- crystallized ginger, chopped (to garnish)
- Using a blender (or food processor), combine the sweet potatoes with syrup, coconut milk, green onion, salt, cayenne pepper, and fresh ginger.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour into pot, and stir in the chicken broth.
- Heat to simmer, let simmer 5 minutes.